Greater happiness – more energy or feeling better rested – better mental clarity – better management of stress and/ or stressful situations – better sleep…
It is almost impossible to easily encapsulate the benefits of TM in one sentence due to many different peoples different improved outcomes of Life through the learning and use of TM.
However what I would say is that, in general terms, I have either directly heard or read many, many accounts of people experiencing significantly better general well-being & function at home and in work – and also significantly better sleep which in turn improves daily life even more.
And that this conforms exactly with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s avowed goal to bring a better quality of Life to human life through this meditation technique. In short, TM works.
For more technical or scientific information please look at the information below;
More than 350 peer-reviewed research studies on the TM technique have been published in over 150 scientific journals. These studies were conducted at many US and international universities and research centres, including Harvard Medical School, Stanford Medical School, Yale Medical School, and UCLA Medical School.*
This research has been published in such prestigious scientific journals as Science, Scientific American, the British Journal of Educational Psychology, the Journal of Mind and Behaviour & the American Journal of Physiology and many others beyond this.
(*This information is easy enough to verify on the internet through Google searches).
These scientific studies have shown that TM or transcendental meditation can or does help people suffering many different conditions including but not exclusive too;
- Managing stress, anxiety and depression.
- Reduced alcohol and drug abuse.
- Higher level of brain functioning including alertness, intelligence, memory and creativity.
- Improved heart health even with conditions like congestive heart failure.
- Reducing severity of and the risk of atherosclerosis and strokes.
- Normalise blood pressure
- Decreased free radicals and increased longevity.
- Often improved job performance and home relationships.
- Improved academic school outcomes and school behaviour.
- Managing and improving insomnia.